Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Update on Preacher John celebration

From Dean Loumos:


Upon hearing and talking from many people we decided that the day and location were not convenient and too small to hold the anticipated crowd.  The location and day and time are the following;

Sunday, August 7, 4:00 to 10:00 at Burrows Park on 25 Burrows Rd.  – The Park is off of N. Sherman near the Clock Shop.

There will be food and drinks provided but we would like people to bring a dish to pass.

At the celebration there will be time for people to make comments throughout the evening and I am anticipating numerous toasts.  John wished to be cremated and his ashes will be in attendance.  His good friend Danny Cain will be leaving the next day to deliver his ashes to Independence Pass in Colorado.  Anyone who would like to make that trip can begin to make those arrangements and can finalize them with Danny or you can contact me and I will fill you in. 

There will also be an Obit soon in the paper with these details as well as a feature article next week in the Cap Times about Housing Initiatives that will mention John’s contribution to our organization prominently.  If you have any questions please email back or you can call me at 608 332 2095.  I’m hoping to see as many of you as can make it on the 7th.  I’m sure John would appreciate such a gathering,

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW WHO WOULD WANT TO COME.  I AM POSITIVE THAT I DO NOT HAVE EVERYONES EMAIL ADDRESS HERE.  THANKS.

Dean Loumos

No comments:

Post a Comment